Instruction for use, feces collection tube
Principle of Test:
Sensitivity: 40 ng/ml
|Product Name||Specimen||Format||Catalog No.||Sensitivity||Package Size||Strip width|
|(TRF) Transferrin Test||feces||Cassette||H20-20||40ng/mL||25T/box,1500T/ctn||4.0mm|
One Step Transferrin（TRF）Test is an in vitro immunoassay for the rapid, qualitative detection of transferrin in feces. This test is used to obtain a visual, qualitative result and is intended for professional and laboratory use.
- Collect stool sample by using the sample collection device provided.
- Unscrew the top of the sample collection device, take out the sample collection stick, and collect the sample by dipping the stick into 3~6different places of the stool sample.
- Put the sample collection stick back in the sample collection device and screw together tightly.
- If the sample cannot be tested on the day of collection, store the stool sample at 4°C. Bring the specimen to room temperature before testing.
- 1.Remove the testdevice from the sealed pouch.
- Specimen collection. Please see also “SPECIMEN COLLECTIONAND STORAGE”.
- Shake the sample collectiontube several times.
- Holding the sample collectiontube upright, carefully unscrew the top of collection tube.
- Squeeze 2-3 drops of sample solution into the sample well“S”.
- Read results between 5 and 10 minutes. Do not read results after 10 minutes.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Positive: Two distinct pink-colored lines appear, one in the test region (T) and one in the control region(C). This indicates a positive result no matter the test region(T) is stronger or weaker than the control region(C).
Negative: Only one colored line appears in the control region(C). This indicates a negative test result.
Invalid: Control Line fails to appear. The test result is invalid regardless of the presence or absence of the test region(T).
NOTE:Insufficient specimen volume or incorrect procedural techniques are the most likely reasons for control line failure.Review the procedure and repeat the test with a new test strip. If the problem persists, please contact your local distributor.